Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Girls' Night In

With my girls.  For the first time ever.  So exciting.  Fanf was away in Paris and Owen staying over with a friend so we decided to make a night of it.  We made pizza.



Ate pizza.  Which Matilda thought was just hilarious.  Mainly because Nell spent the entire time trying to escape from her chair.



Then with mini Houdini in bed, Matilda and I snuggled up under the duvet on the sofa with a pot of chocolate icecream to watch Wallace and Gromit The Curse of the Wererabbit.  The whole evening was chosen by Matilda and when we were deciding what film to watch she said we didn't want anything too girly.  How cool that she understands asking me to sit through something princessey would have made my toes curl whereas when it comes to duvets + icecream, I'm happy to be as 'girly' as you please.


How pleasant it is to enjoy the company of one's own children.

3 comments:

  1. It is so nice to be able to enjoy the company of your children. There's little snippets here and there throughout the day that I truly enjoy hanging out with Margot, where she tells me stories and we laugh together and make plans.
    Matilda is such a sparkling star! Chocolate ice cream: well done Bex! ;)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both girls look so sweet. Nell looks like a real little girl not a baby anymore. Looking forward to seeing you all when we get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.