Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Time flies


Out walking with the cousins and les grandparents

Warning: this is a "Look at me and my wonderful life post".  Apologies, but for the last couple of weeks life has been wonderful.

Some time in between the first day and last day of the holidays we had a whole lot of fun.  In fact all the time.  I am ready to collapse but we had fun.  Lots of fun.  When I think of these holidays the word is: fun.  Fun and exhausting.

The first week I was not exhausted.  The minibeasts shipped out for two days to the grandspoilers, then two days to the cousins.  I didn't know what to do with myself.  I knew exactly what to do with myself: read.  Last year, due to the reckless decision to make a third minibeast and the equally reckless decision to wade through Les Misérables, my reading was rather sluggish.  But this year, my inner bookworm has been raring to go.  Any spare moment I get, I reach for my book.  The house is filthy but my mind is expanding.

The second week the kids had circus workshop for two hours every morning and then in the afternoons we went out and about with two of their fellow circus monkeys and their mums.  Parks, picnics, beaches, cafes, cake.  I'm sure my life was not as exciting when I was a pre-schooler.  They performed a show at the end of the week.  Owen's first ever performance.  At the moment, neither of them is self-conscious about performing in front of an audience.  I keep telling them that the most important thing when performing is to enjoy it.  They did.






We celebrated afterwards with yet another picnic in the park.  They played "How many hats can we put on Nell?"....


... and "Who can make the best scary monster face"?  This is Matilda with her amoureux, Alix.

Can you spot O meditating in the background?


In between the two weeks it was my birthday.  I had the loveliest day.  The night before Fanf and I went out for dinner en amoureux and on Saturday we all went to my beloved Peyriac sur Mer for the day.  Sat outside in the sunshine for a lazy 2-hour lunch.  Then went for a walk over the old salt lakes and up a hill.  I was filled with warm feelings of familyness.



I love this photo 

 And a nice man offered to take a family photo for us.  "I have three," he said with compassion.


Last but not least, Nell learnt to move about.  Backwards.  We keep finding her wedged under the furniture.


 Sorry for the splurge.  As you were.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thank you for indirectly channeling some fun into my life. Now back to reality ;)
    Miss you!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.