Monday, 24 March 2014

Make-do craft

After several weeks of non-stop shenanigans, yesterday we took a time-out and spent the afternoon at home (after 3 hours at a birthday party in the morning).  I suggested we have a go at some Blue Petering and the minibeasts were up for it.  When I see other people crafting with their kids around the internet what they create always looks amazing.  Now, either my kids are rubbish or the other kids out there are getting a lot of help.  Anyway, as far as I'm concerned it's not about how good it is but how much fun you have making it.  Owen chose to make one of these, which I thought were a lovely simple idea.

From a Little delightful

I never have specific craft materials in the house so I always make do with what we've got (this week I had leftover paper plates from my birthday picnic).  Owen came up with this:



Remember, it's the process.  And actually I think it's pretty cute.

Matilda decided she wanted to make a butterfly.  She came up with this:



Now these creations might be a little rough around the edges but the minibeasts were pretty damn pleased with themselves and were proud to hang their works of art on display.

At the end of the day we sat down and watched Hedgehog in the Fog.  The lovely Alex gave the book to Matilda for her birthday and the film is every bit as dreamy and beautiful.  If you have a spare ten minutes it's well worth a look.



[I don't know why, but I've suddenly come over all bloggy.  I promise it won't last.]

1 comment:

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.