Wednesday, 26 March 2014

GBBE: We love to loaf

Banana, Coconut and Lemon Loaf

You might think that because I don't write about cake anymore that I don't bake anymore.  But, as my hips will tell you, we bake lots.  And lots and lots.  At least twice a week.  It's great.  At the moment we are big fans of the loaf cake.  Recent triumphs include: Peanut Butter, Banana and Oat Loaf, Raspberry Coconut Loaf, Caramel Apple Loaf and today's new top favourite loaf cake, combining all our favourite ingredients, Banana, Coconut and Lemon.  Sooooo good.  Anyone wants a recipe, just let me know.

Caramel Apple Loaf

Raspberry Coconut Loaf

Owen has decided that he likes decorating but not baking.  So baking has become mine and Matilda's thing.  Nice to have a thing.  She is pretty much self-sufficient now.  This is her doing her lemon squeezy face.  As you can see, she's very good.


 


Also, we have been having fun coiffing Nell.  


2 comments:

  1. I love loaves! It's an excuse for eating cake in the morning with your cuppa tea or an afternoon snack. I bet you don't need any excuses to eat any baked goods.
    Please send me recipes. All three of them look succulent! Yum yum yum! xox
    This just gave me another reason to visit ;)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've hit the nail on the head with your astute analysis of the loaf. It is indeed a cake you can eat any time any place. The very fact that it has the word loaf in its title gives the whole enterprise a veneer of healthy respectability.
      This is another reason why I can't wait for you to visit ;)
      xxx
      p.s. recipes in your Inbox

      Delete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.