Monday, 3 March 2014

First day of the holidays


Can you tell???


In amongst all the chaos I did find them quietly sitting "reading".  Ahhhh.

I have also discovered a fairly painless method for getting them to tidy up their chaos.  I would like to claim this is my idea, because it's rather brilliant.  But it isn't and I'm not.  A friend of mine told me that her daughter's teacher has a song she plays whenever she wants the class to tidy up.  She doesn't say anything, just plays the music and away they go.  Jolly.  I can tell you, we've tried it and it works a treat.  Our song is "A Spoonful of Sugar".  Obviously.  

In other news, Nell proved that her Vendéen genes are all present and correct by chomping down on her first bit of brioche.


Her Pilbeam "greedy" genes are clearly also present.

4 comments:

  1. I'll try that tidying up song with Margot and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do - I'd even go so far as to say the mini beasts enjoy tidying up now. Sometimes they ask for the song!

      Delete
  2. I've tried it with that song. I always end up tidying Marina's room and singing while she hums along and gets distracted by her toys. In fact, I've tried it with almost every song from almost every musical but all that happens is that Marina learns the words to unsuitable numbers from A Chorus Line and her bedroom stays horrific. [Rocks in corner]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, not so brilliant and original for the brilliant and original Marina then... But talking of genes, when it comes to my lot I am helped out by the strong Canteau "clean" genes. I curse them whenever my belle famille comes round and I have to deal with the grot but am delighted for my children to fall from the French apple tree when it comes to tidying up.

      Jen - you'll have to let us know how you go with Margot. I would say she also has some super strong "clean" genes! ;)

      Delete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.