Saturday, 27 July 2013

Conversations with the minibeasts

Mes petits papillons en vol
This morning we were discussing death; a subject which I talk about with Matilda and Owen quite openly.  They are not phased, merely curious.  And they have some rather lovely ideas about what happens to us when we die.

Me:  En général on meurt quand on est vieux, ou vieille, à la fin de nos vies, c'est normal, c'est même bien, on ne veut pas vivre pour l'étérnité.
Matilda:  Oui, c'est bien, parce qu'on va devenir des animaux.
Me:  Ah oui, peut-être.  Tu veux devenir quel animal?
Owen:  I want to be a pig.
Matilda:  Je veux être un papillon rose.
Owen:  Moi aussi, un papillon rose.
Matilda:  Oui, parce qu'on veut être amis.  Amis pareils.
Owen:  Amis pareils.

I hope they're right.

[I couldn't quite be bothered to do a translation - sorry - but basically when they die, they both want to be pink butterflies, so they'll be friends together.  My little blesspoppets.]

3 comments:

  1. ;)
    I, too , would rather be a butterfly than a pig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably opt for the pig. A house pig that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, on balance, I'd rather be a pig too. I think it would be a more natural progression for me. And Jen, Charlotte and Wilbur have shown that differences of species would not preclude friendship with butterflies.

      Delete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.