Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Busy summer bees


I have so many things I want to write about: my big little man turning three, my first born finishing her first year at the Occitan school and growing into her role of leader of the pack with aplomb, my Last but not least calmly sleeping and guzzling as we cart her about all over the place.  But there is no time.  I have had lots of translation work, I have rehearsed and performed (twice) in my end of year theatre show, and we have been out and about finally enjoying proper summer evenings.  In fact we are living somewhat nocturnally at the moment.  If you're going to have sleepless nights, might as well enjoy them and drag everyone along for the ride.  Last night the whole family got home at 2am.  And now, at 9.30am the following day, everyone is asleep except me.

Oh, and I have baked an inordinate amount of cakes, 8 in 2 weeks.  I really want to write about cake!

I think I need to get back into the habit of the short but sweet post or I'm going to miss out on recording all the wonderfully small details of our life together that are so quickly forgotten.

Anyway, a few things as I sweep by RTBC.

1.  I have so much I want to write about O, my thoughtful, loving, eccentric, sensitive little flower of a boy.  But for now, I just want to remember his touching act of kindness yesterday.  I was already up and downstairs with Nell.  O came down, trotted over and handed me my book and my phone (which I usually always bring down with me but had left by my bed).  I love both that he takes the time to register the small details of my life and that he thought to compensate for his dog-tired, breastfeeding motherbeast's oversight.


 2.  Amongst the cakes were four birthday cakes, two each for my Fanf and my O.

Carrot cake for O, requested, made and decorated by the birthday boy himself.  He chose the "Blanche Neige" decoration.


Caramel Shortbread for Papa, decorated by the minibeasts.


Chocolate Caramel Marmite cake for Fanf.  Wow.  I mean it all went a bit droopy, but wow.  Chocolate.  Caramel.  And marmite.  Wow.  I think I was the one most impressed by this cake.  But still.  Wow.


"Flash Queen Car Race" cake for Owen.  How I enjoy decorating my children's birthday cakes.  And I was rather pleased with this year's effort.  Made with the same Fresh Strawberry Yoghurt cake as last year.  And most likely every year.  The most delicious cake.



3.  And of course some photos of my three minibeasts, who continue to delight me.








2 comments:

  1. Very impressed with the Flash Queen Car Race cake. You could make a lot of money with decorating skills like that.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video! What colourful children you have! xox

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.