Monday, 8 April 2013

Sunday concert in the sun


Yesterday we went along to Le Chat Noir in Roujan to listen to our friends and neighbours, Julie and Olivier (plus Stéphane) in concert with the Jersey Julie Band.  We last saw them play in the summer, when Uncle Ben very kindly bought us their CD.  Since then it has become a firm favourite with the minibeasts so it was a real buzz for them to hear the music they know so well live.  They had a whale of a time jumping about in front of the stage and Owen made sheep's eyes at Julie.  Recent visitors, Katie and Nao, can vouch for the fact that O is a bit of a ladies' man.

We considered inviting some friends along to join us but decided not to in the end and I'm so glad we didn't. Obviosusly I love getting out and about with other people, and the minibeasts enjoy it when there are other minibeasts in tow.  But we don't make the most of each other as a family in the same way.  I felt like we were really together today.

Nonetheless, when we skyped Uncle Ben tonight and he asked Owen what he'd done today, the detail he chose to relate, the highpoint of his day, his fondest memory, was that he had chips.


O is a little bit in love with Julie




Proud after getting their kiss onstage from Julie

And here they are hoofing it up to the infectious rhythms of the Jersey Julie Band:

8 comments:

  1. I think you will find it was the very kind Uncle Dan that bought you the CD. ;0p

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that Uncle Dan is not very kind, but I'm pretty sure it was Uncle Ben as he was at the concert with us... Uncle Ben, want to step in and clear things up?

      But you know I adore you both, right? :) xxx

      Delete
    2. Unless you now have 2 cds. I bought you one at the concert we went to at that place by the canal de midi when I was over last summer.

      xxx

      Delete
    3. Oh dear. In my head it was Ben... does that mean my head is broken?? Yes probably. My modest humble apple logeys. xxx

      Delete
    4. I was confused too when I read the post as I couldn't remember buying you the CD!

      Delete
  2. Pas de soucis, ma sœur chérie. Aucune apologie est nécessaire. Juste me faire cuire un gâteau sympa pour quand j'arrive.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoah, chapeau mon frère adoré! Bien sûr tu auras ton gâteau. Puis le cerveau s'est remis en marche, je me souviens de notre petite balade au bord du canal avant le concert. xxx

      Delete
  3. Your MB sure have the moves! (and even the facial expressions!) Now I wonder where they learned to dance like that...? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.