Sunday, 17 March 2013

I am Moomintroll


Posts have been piling up in my head. But school holidays, plus a bout of post-flu sinusitus, plus translation work, plus life have left little time for the indulgence of blogging. So I have posts about my first attempt at chocolate making (a hit, a very palpable hit!), about our second Carnaval Occitan, about my increasingly eccentric son and his gender-bending ways, about wonderful friends and birthday surprises, about 1-2-3 Soleil in the forest, about a reading project, all knocking about between my ears. But for the moment, hoping that my prayers for more hours in the day will be answered, I'll just share with you another Moomins quote that tickled me.

"In the morning the sun rose farther and farther into the drawing room, looking embarrassedly at cobwebs and dust pellets. The bigger dust wads, those that had grown round and full of personality, Moomintroll used to carry out on the veranda, but the small ones he allowed to roll around as they liked."
From Moominland Midwinter.

I may or may not be back, sooner or later, older but certainly not wiser with one or all or none of the above posts.

5 comments:

  1. I know the feeling! Impressed you post at all, given your lovely busy life. We loyal readers will wait patiently for our Bex fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Julia's remarks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up ages ago. So you're doing well as far as I am concerned. As long as you post some photos and glib one liners every now then, I am sure most of us will be happy.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you one and all. That's one and two others of you!

    And look up, I was so buoyed by your support you inspired me to start jotting down some of my rogue posts.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.