Wednesday, 9 January 2013

(Mini) Greedy Bird Baking Enterprise: Cheese scones for school


One of the many nice things abour Matilda's new carey sharey school is that every morning her class sit down together for a little mid-morning snack, provided by the parents in turn. You can bring in anything you want, homemade or shop-bought, depending on how much time you have, plus some fruit. The idea is that the children get to try lots of different foods (I've seen piles of pains of chocolat on several occasions, so not always that different) and share a moment of downtime. I think it's a nice idea and enjoy making things to take in. So far I have provided a banana, date and cherry loaf and white chocolate, cranberry and coconut cookies. It's my turn tomorrow again but I thought I'd try something savoury and maybe a tad healthier this time. I also enlisted Matilda's, and therefore Owen's, help. O does not like to be left out of the GBBE. Scones are a good thing to do with kids, lots of fun easy skills to practise.

Mixing and kneading.



Rolling and cutting out.



Brushing with milk and sprinkling with cheese.



All made with cheddar. Stealth tactics to infiltrate the French palate with English cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever considered starting your own boulangerie/patisserie? You already have your employees!

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.