Wednesday, 2 January 2013
Back to reality
I came home from the Vendée to find:
1. A small colony of beetles infesting the lounge and kitchen.
2. Numerous unidentifiable patches of sticky on the floor.
3. A half-empty glass of orange juice growing mould in the sink.
4. Leftover Snow-capped fairy cakes growing mould in the cake tin.
5. Dustballs (moutons in French) the size of actual sheep. Everywhere.
6. A dead lizard in our bedroom.
If I were one for making New Year's Resolutions clearly this year I would be resolving to keep a tidier house.
Thank goodness I am not one for making resolutions of any kind.