Friday, 4 January 2013

Back to reality: the nice bit

It struck me that it's been rather a long time since I posted lots of gratuitous photos of the mini-beasts. Yesterday afternoon we went down to the park in the glorious winter sunshine, for once I didn't forget my camera, and Matilda and Owen obliged me by being in perfect sibling harmony.


Here they are building a bridge to cross over the monster-infested seas. Matilda's idea. (Don't tell them they had to be in the sea to build the bridge...)


Crossing the bridge.


Making gâteau. Matilda's was raspberry, Owen's was cream.


Ghost-hunting.



Being together.



Being gorgeous.



After the excesses of Christmas, a little reminder that kids don't need toys. Just imagination. As for me, I'm suffering from premature nostalgia for my time with these two. We had so much fun yesterday. I can't help but be anxious about how le petit dernier will change the dynamics of our family. I read somewhere recently that a family of three is a triangle, four is a square and five a star. I have to believe that our fifth point will make the whole star shine that much brighter.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see the Mini Beasts in action!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.