Sunday, 18 November 2012

Art attack


Yes, still here!

Yesterday I needed to changer les idées, as the French say. Or have some ideas. So I decided a grey November day was the perfect time to try out the Musée d'Art Contemporain in nearby Sérignan. I have been a bit snotty about trying out the local museums. As an erstwhile habituée of the Tate and the Pompidou, I was sceptical about what the backwaters of Béziers might have to offer. A terrible attitude and one absolutely not to be passed on to the mini-beasts! Hence, yesterday, Sérignan. And it was great. And the mini-beasts loved it. Although we did spend much of our time exhorting them in fierce whispers not to touch, sit on or clamber over the exhibits. But hell, I'd rather reign in an overly tactile curiosity than have to face the disillusionment of utter disinterest.

Ooops, can you spot Owen's sticky fingerprints?

The kids loved this installation by Daniel Buren, called la Cabane éclatée, for reasons which my crappy photography was unable to show. You'll just have to come and visit us of you want to know why... ;)




I loved this one by Danielle Riede. Again, my crappy photography does not do it justice but each of those pieces of coloured paper is a bit of a painting by one of the artist's painter friends from around the world. The waves of colour spread out like a ripple of water, as if someone had dropped a pebble through the surface.



Afterwards we hotfooted it to the park next door. Nothing gets children excited like restraint and my feral mini-beasts were bursting to touch and sit on and clamber over.


2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! RTBC is back!
    I love the Danielle Riede painting - that's my kind of art.
    Good for you for visiting the "little art gallery" and keeping an open mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soulmates across the seas. That's you and me x

      Delete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.