Tuesday, 27 November 2012

An odd post about Lego


Did you know Lego have released a new range of Lego for girls? It's called Lego Friends and when I saw the range I felt deeply uncomfortable. Being a bear of very little brain I had not got round to formulating why but then today at lunchtime I was listening to The Now Show on Radio 4 and a rather insightful and amusing Australian comic called Sarah Kendall put her finger all over precisely what the problem is with Lego Friends.

So I can offer you nothing clever and insightful here but do tune in here to listen to someone who can. It's about 19 and a half minutes in.

2 comments:

  1. It's wrong because there's no building in comparison with traditional Lego!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even realised that! So added to all the other dreadful gender assumptions is the one that girls can't build, they can only decorate. Fantastic!

      Delete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.