Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Fado


Have you heard of fado? I hadn't. When I asked Fanf he looked at me as if I'd just asked him if he'd heard of cheese. So clearly fado is known in France. Fado is a type of Portuguese blues. Rather beautiful. I came across fado because I am working on a translation for Aurélie about the Portuguese fado singer António Zambujo. As part of my research I listened to some of his songs. The kind of research I like.

Translation can sometimes seem a bit like dog work. But when I'm asked to translate interesting texts through which I can learn and broaden my horizons then I think translating is wonderful.

Have a listen:



Old António is rather easy on the eye too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.