Thursday, 13 September 2012

The "I Like" Song


I like hippopotamuses,
I like drinking water,
I like jumping in the water,
I like swimming, even when I don't have feet*,
I'm not scared of ghosts,
Don't run if there's a bear,
Bears only walk and sing,
I like ducks, ducks, ducks,
I like you,
Oh I like your Pattington,
A kiss, a kiss, a kiss,
I like everything.


Matilda sings many variations of The "I Like" Song. Her likes range from spaghetti to socks to crocodiles. The song is spectacularly tuneless but the lyrics, I feel, have a certain artless charm.

* A literal translation from the French "avoir pied", to have feet, meaning you can touch the bottom.

1 comment:

  1. I think we can all learn from M. and create our own "i like" songs.

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.