Sunday, 5 August 2012

Faits divers

Summer is not conducive to blogging. Or should that be life is not conducive to blogging? There's a lot of life in my life at the moment. We have been spending many happy moments with family and friends from near and far. And that is a good thing.

Anyway here I give you, in no particular order, and of no particular interest, some stuff that has been giving me RTBCs over the summer holidays.

1. Beds.


Because our kind friend Véro gave us a new big girl's bed for Matilda (lovingly painted red by Papi Mike), O moved into a big boy's bed (otherwise known as Matilda's old bed). Ok, I practically have to sit on him while he goes to sleep to prevent him popping up downstairs with his cheery hello but I love seeing them tucked up side by side.

2. Being poolside.



One of the grandspoilers most adorable qualities is their swimming pool. Both mini-beasts plunge with gay abandon. We have to be hawk-eyed with O who will leap with or without armbands. They are both completely at home in the water.

3. Mickey Mouse with a penis.


And no, that is not my interpretation, I have it from the artist's mouth.

4. Breakfast by the canal in Narbonne before the Stage de Cirque.


Matilda was so excited about going to her circus workshop that we generally arrived far too early. We were near the Canal du Midi and as Owen loves to "See boat", when we arrived we popped into the boulangerie and then took ourselves down to the canal to nibble on something sticky and buttery and see the boats. A lovely little moment of calm and togetherness and gourmandise to start the day.

5. The stage de cirque




Yes, my plan to sell Matilda to the circus has got off to a flying start. She looked so happy and confident. I was actually a bit jealous. At one point I picked up a hula hoop, thinking I'd impress her. I remember being quite a keen hula hooper in my youth but could I keep that thing round my waist??? No I could not. Maybe I was confusing the circus skill with the crisps...

6. As part of our ongoing economy drive I gave Matilda a haircut. And Owen. And myself!

Now the family looks something like this:

1 comment:

  1. Love the family picture! And love Matilda's face painting (especially the green around her eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.