Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Matilda


I am completely, utterly, head over heels in love with my little girl at the moment. Now come on, be honest, although you always love your children, with the power and intensity of a thousand screaming monkeys, you're not always in love with them. Sometimes, given the choice between the two, you'd take the monkeys.

My mantra, inherited from my mum, is "It's just a phase". "A phase" being generally a bad thing. Well Matilda's current phase is lovely. No doubt it too will pass but I shall celebrate this loveliness while it lasts.

This morning when she got up we gave each other what is known round here as a "big squeezy hug". I told her I loved big squeezy hugs in the morning. She said, so did she. And kisses. And caresses. Both of which she proceeded to lavish upon me.

Truly blessed am I.

2 comments:

  1. Could not agree more; what a charmer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope this "phase" lasts a few more years ;)
    She's always been lovely in my books.

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.