Thursday, 3 May 2012

Greedy Bird Baking Enterprise: Best-ever Brownies

Matilda has her spectacle d'école tomorrow and I wanted to make her something yummy to celebrate her first public performance. Stung by frankly groundless accusations of Domestic Goddessticity I decided to have another go at brownies.

These are they.


From this Idiot's Guide to Brownies recipe. Seriously, it even explains how to cut chocolate.

I don't know if they're any good. We shall see tomorrow whether it's brownies or chocolate pudding again. But either way, I'm the winner. The brownies are terrible, I win. I prove I am one not of those annoyingly perfect people for whom everything goes tickety-boo. One of those people we all hate. The brownies are amazing, I win. Everyone hates me but I don't care because I have delicious brownies to scarf down and I can revel unashamedly in my perfect tickety-booness. It's lonely at the top but hell, at least I've got fantastic brownies.

I would like to add one thing. I baked these during our aperitif. Baking tiddly is to be recommended.

7 comments:

  1. Either way, I'm jumping on the next plane to stuff them in my face. Make way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You jump on the next plane I'll make a whole new batch, just for you :)

      Delete
  2. And the verdict...?...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matilda: "That is the best gâteau I ever had."

      I most definitely won ;)

      Delete
  3. Atcually I think you've it on a very good point there. You worry too much about every detail when you cook when you don't need to. So if you are drink in hand it will no longer be an issue as you will realx more. And voila, purfect food every time :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me so well ;) On the strength of last night's effort I will never bake sober again :§ xxx

      Delete
  4. Now you are a true baker.

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.