Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Hello Spring!



Nothing - NOTHING - gives me more pleasure at the moment than O's hello. I think he sounds a bit like a muppet. Uncle Dan thinks this is a good thing. Whatever he sounds like, his cheery greeting always makes me smile.

To mark the beginning of spring - hello spring! - and in honour of O and his sunny outlook I have compiled Owen's Brief Guide to Life, containing all the wisdom of his one and a half years.

1. Always say hello as if you were greeting your best friend.
2. Always say please. With a funny accent is best. Make 'em laugh.
3. Play by your own rules. And if all you want to do is throw the dice, then throw away.



4. Enjoy simple pleasures.
5. Laugh along with yourself.



6. This above all: to thine Owen self be true,
And it must follow, that charm will win the day,
Thou canst not then be unloved by any man,
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!

1 comment:

  1. Margot's favorite was #3 (so was Simon's)

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.