Thursday, 29 March 2012

(Mini) Greedy Bird Baking Enterprise: Lemon Drizzle Cake


Matilda wanted to make lemon drizzle cake today. I know this because when I said to her: "Mmmmmm, lemon drizzle cake. I love lemon drizzle cake, it's so yummy. Do you want to make lemon drizzle cake today?", she said yes. So I know it's what she really wanted. As far as I'm concerned lemon drizzle cake is like carrot cake, you can never try out too many recipes trying to find THE ONE. How lucky I am that my daughter is so discerning (and suggestible).

Last time, I tried out Tana Ramsay's recipe that everyone raved about on the BBC Good Food website. But good as it was, there was definitely tummy room for improvement. Today we tried Linda Collister's recipe from The Great British Book of Baking.




The recipe states "Serve cut into thick slices". Yes! All you "Just a sliver-ers ~ Oh, juste un petit bout-ers ~ I'll just have a mouthful of yours-ers" out there, Linda Collister and I are on to you. Have cake or don't have cake. But if you're going to have it, HAVE IT, alright? I can't bear half-hearted, weak-kneed cake munchers.

Rant over.

You're bored. You want to know if it was any good. There was much anticipation.


And then there were second helpings (Owen), third helpings (Matilda) and undisclosed gluttony (me).



I wouldn't like to say it's THE ONE. To be honest I don't really believe in THE ONE. But for me it is the Fanf of all Lemon Drizzle Cakes. There might be other brilliant recipes out there; but I've found the one I'm happy with.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to support you in your rant, and also extend it to deserts. To quote a famous character from a well known sitcom, 'Joey doesn't share food'.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.