Saturday, 4 February 2012

The old fire burning


I have just discovered that Complicité's production of The Master and Margarita, which will be opening at the Barbican in March, directed, obviously, by the incomparable Simon McBurney, is being co-produced by the Festival d'Avignon. I checked the Festival website and their programme is being announced on 21 March. However, given that on their title page they announce that Simon McBurney is their new associate artist this year and that the Barbican website mentions the Festival d'Avignon as co-producer, logic would suppose...

Have any of you read The Master and Margarita? Have any of you seen a Complicité production? The combination of the two is rather exciting. Can I make it? Avignon isn't too far away. Can I sell a kidney? A limb? A child? My soul? I want to see this show.

Will I?

Watch this space. I'm hoping that by blogging about it I will force myself to find a way to make it happen.

Postscript: It is sad that this is my first post labelled theatre. I feel the fire of my passion for theatre needs to be fanned by the winds of change.

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that the stars will line up and you'll be in Avignon in July.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday present maybe? How much will it cost?

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.