Friday, 4 November 2011

What has it got in its pocketses?


A quick search of her room suggests that Matilda is not habouring any suspicious jewellery, magical or otherwise. Her pocketses contained 1 centime, a shell and a lump of mouldy cheese. So I can only hope that her new and strange verbal quirk will not lead to her becoming a shrivelled subterranean creature of the shadows. Some recent examples include:

My legses are hurting.
I want to go to Papi Mike's houses.
I'm reading Owen some bookses.
The oh so charming, I did burpses.
And the equally ladylike, I did some big fartses.

The only explanation I can think of is that she is overcompensating for Gallic slothfulness when it comes to the pronunciation of plurals.

1 comment:

  1. Matilda is greyer and has longer limbs than I remember...

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.