Wednesday, 12 October 2011

(Mini) Greedy Bird Baking Enterprise #27 Jumbles


According to The Great British Book of Baking these are a childhood favourite. Well I was a child once and I don't remember them. But they seemed easy and fun. They are called Jumbles because you can throw anything you like in them. Matilda and I threw peanut butter and milk chocolate chips (a gift from Katie, direct from Las Vegas... and that's about as rock and roll as my life gets right now) and banana chips. I think they taste nice. I can't really tell as I am bunged up to the eyeballs. This probably means I shouldn't really share them... what with the germs and all.

In other GBBE news, I attempted a brownie recipe this weekend that Alex sent me. I don't know what it is about me and brownies, but we don't do well together. Or not brownies of the homemade variety. I think I have the wrong tin (it's not even a tin, it's ceramic) and until I get the right tin that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Anyway, with a quick bit of rebranding, TA DA, chocolate pudding. And it was utter yum.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to say, but there is no other way to put it, that chocolate pudding, err brownie mix looks disgusting! I hope it tasted better than it looks ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure that was the post to talk and illustrate the brownie experience, seeing the previous post... But I can witness it was yum indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urgh!! I hadn't though of that, thanks Fanf for putting that in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis true, tis true, the juxtaposition is not a happy one.

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.