Wednesday, 14 September 2011

(Mini) Greedy Bird Baking Enterprise #22 Carrot Cupcakes with Orange Zest


MMMMMMMMMMMM :q

Even though I got the recipe a bit wrong. So what should have been carrot cupcakes with orange zest were more ZESTY ORANGEY ORANGE have some ORANGE with your ORANGE ZESTFUL ORANGINESS... oh and some carrot cupcake. Following previous bakers' advice I replaced half the sunflower oil with freshly squeezed orange juice (more healthy, more moist) and then, failing to read the instructions correctly, rather than saving half the zest from my two gigantic mutant oranges for decoration I gaily chucked it all into the mix. But who cares. They were yum to the tum. I attempted to make some cream cheese icing but it never works with the French cream cheese. It does make quite a nice sauce though, which I then liberally dribbled over my cupcake, my plate, my spoon, my tongue...

If you want the recipe, you can find it here: http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/c/carrot_cupcakes_with_orange_zest.page-3.html.

In other news, Matilda spent the day carrying around a naked Action Man wrapped in a nappy "because he was cold". And O is clearly saying mummy and daddy. Well, papa and maman, but I know what he means.

2 comments:

  1. I'll look forward to O saying uncle Ben at Christmas then. I'd get started with training him now, I don't want to be disappointed ;-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be there enjoying carrot cake!

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.