Monday, 15 August 2011

Messing about on the canal

Today we finally did what we've been promising to do all summer and hired a little electric boat to take the mini-beasts pootling down the Canal du Midi. It was beautiful. The mini-beasts loved it.

But our camera (the one that replaced the one that broke before) is broken. So I have no photos, good or otherwise to show for our little excursion.

Ordinarily this wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Prior to being a little blogkeeper I wasn't that interested in photos. I had a theory about mental snapshots, which I took whenever I wanted to remember a moment, being more magical and more meaningful. Since blogging I have become a bit of a manic snapper. All those other blogs out there have such lovely pictures. Apart from one of my favourites. Ju's blog is all writing. All Ju. And it's brilliant. I'm under no illusions that quite a lot of my "readers" tune in to see photos of the mini-beasts but surely it is no bad thing for a would-be writer to have to rely on words for a change.

1 comment:

  1. Still like your posts without photo's.

    But I do prefer them with photo's of course. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.