Wednesday, 10 August 2011

All good things


A lovely parcel from the lovely Jen, long-awaited (Canada Post were on strike), with a birthday book for O and some crispy chow mein noodles for me. Food and books. My two favourite things. Now I can finally make the Chinese Christmas Cookies Jen sent me the recipe for. It is a recipe that speaks to my heart, and my stomach. There are only four ingredients (I start to feel faint when faced with a recipe that goes beyond four) and those ingredients are: chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, crispy chow mein noodles and, the clincher, peanuts. I am currently checking out house prices in Ottawa, in anticipation of instant addiction.

2 comments:

  1. There are two houses on our street for sale at the moment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. One for me and the fella, one for the mini-beasts ;)

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.