Friday, 17 June 2011

RTBC not to have a camera

Today I look kinda prrrurty. I am wearing the lovely red dress Jen sent me post-O last summer (modestly twinned with a midnight blue top, because the world does not need/deserve to see my cleavage... cleavage, hah, I am growing increasingly self-delusional by the day), and the lovely little Joanna Rutter necklace that Katie sent me for my birthday. I was not the most feminine of women before I got me some mini-beasts and things have slipped the wrong side of hairy since. I never wear make-up (nutella, jam, miscellaneous squished fruit, these things do not count) or high heels, I rarely wear jewellery, I do not brush my hair (and thus frequently forget to brush my daughter's) and I shave when I start to trip over my leg hair when walking.

But recently I have discovered that I feel more like a real girl if I:

1. ... put on a dress, and
2. ... wear a necklace.

Feeling like a real girl has never been hugely important to me but I have to admit that at the grand old age of 34, I'm starting to quite like it. Though there is still a total embargo on pink.

So, today I look prrrurty. And because I don't have a camera you're just going to have to take my word for it.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you didn't take a pic! But I do take your word for it. Ah Bex, you are always pretty, regardless what you wear. But I do agree that wearing dresses makes one more feminine and "girly", but it's also really fun. Dresses and skirts make up most of my summer wardrobe. It's just so convenient to slip on a summer dress when the weather is boiling.
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.