Friday, 3 June 2011

Good things come to those who wait

I have just had a lovely chat with Victoria. Who is Victoria? Well, I don't really know but hopefully I will soon. As I have grumbled on my blog before I find it hard meeting people and making friends here. In an attempt to do something about this, just after Owen was born I put up a notice in my midwife's office to try and start a parents and babies group. I put in jokes, a picture of Calvin and Hobbes (see above) and a thinly veiled bribe involving homemade cakes. Ssssh, Beziers at large does not read my blog, they are not to know that Bexmade cakes have a tendency to stray beyond the bounds of the culinary norm. Or maybe I have more readers than I realise because I got a fabulous zero responses. My midwife said the French just weren't interested. Most of them seem to rip their babes from their breasts and hotfoot it back to work with all possible haste. So when I finally did receive a response today I wasn't surprised that it was from a fellow English stay at home mum. She sounded ever so sweet on the phone. I'm looking forward to meeting up with her.

I'd better get out my pinny and rolling pin. Hooray :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! She sounds like the sort to make cakes too. I'd join if you if I could. I'll eat cake as solidarity.

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.