Wednesday, 27 April 2011

An open window

When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window. So says Julie Andrews. I'm not a great believer in the Lord, but I am a firm believer in Ms. Andrews. Simon's blog Tough Cookies has shut up shop. Sob. But lo and behold this morning I discovered Bayberry Moonrise, a brand spanking new blog from the incisive and hilarious Ju. So that's very exciting.

I am also aglow today after having spent Easter with the lovely Katie. I can't think of anything to say about Katie that wouldn't sound trite and gushing so I'll settle for (in the immortal words of Danny Dog - sorry we're steeped in Peppa Pig in the Canteau-Pilbeam hovel): brilliant.


Owen tried strawberries. Mostly as facepaint but I think some went in his mouth.


And as if that weren't enough to see my daily cup runneth over, I also received this in the post:


In fact I received two of this. Thank you Jen! So now I can finally make that tasty looking recipe for Christmas Chinese Chocolate Cookies you sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.