Sunday, 3 April 2011

(Mini) Greedy Bird Baking Enterprise #18 Jam Thumb-Prints


I finally managed to get round to doing a recipe from the lovely The Great British Book of Baking that Katie gave me. I decided to go for a child-friendly (rubbish baker-friendly) recipe. These were brilliant to make with Matilda. She enjoyed:


1. Getting her hands into the dough.
2. Squishing her thumb into each cake.
3. Plopping the jam into her thumbprint.
4. Licking the excess jam off the spoon, her thumb, any item that sustained collateral jam damage.
5. When she thought I wasn't looking, eating great spoonfuls of jam* direct from the jar.
6. The fact that the cakes were made and cooked within about 30 minutes. Instant results. I liked this too.

*We used Mamilo's homemade apple and quince jam so I understand her fixation.

The thumb prints in the book looked all neat and tidy. Ours looked like this:


But they were most exceeding yum.

1 comment:

  1. Yum Yum Yum! Let's make those when I come over!
    ~Jen xox~

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.