Friday, 28 January 2011

Friday in photos: Chez les Stephs (and a thought)

Actually it was Thursday, but who's counting.





Arrrggh. Yes, this is my daughter in a tiara. Her cousins had dressed her up as a princess. And so the reign of pink glittery terror begins...


A thought: this morning I was trying to interest the Monster in an "activity". She refused everything so I just sat on the sofa and waited. She came and sat on my knee and then started to reel off "Prefer... painting, prefer... play doh, prefer... books, prefer... jigsaw" and I realised she was making fun of me. My standard question is "Would you prefer to do a painting/read a book/do a jigsaw?" What she actually preferred to do was just sit on my knee and, well, hard to describe what we did. Muck about? Hang? Be silly? So much for constructive play. We had a half hour of entirely unconstructive but entirely fun play. And I think that's just fine.

4 comments:

  1. She's only wearing a tiara and a wonky one at that, but no pink in site though. So I don't think you have to start worrying yet. But I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry and nip it in the bud now.

    Oh and on your previous post, you'll be having another visitor fairly soon. Currently in New York, it's bloody freezing here and there's so much snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were fairy wings. Pink fairy wings. And you can barely see it but she is clutching an impossibly pink and sparkly wand. Because it was actually fairy princesses, the double whammy. It's never too early to worry about the pink glittery terror as far as I'm concerned.

    Hang about, I'm just seen the other half of your comment... are you on your way back??? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm arriving back in London on Tuesday. I'll be down there in a couple of weeks. I'm then going to go to Mexico in a month or so! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.