Friday, 26 November 2010

Reading matter


Look what I got in the post when I came home feeling like crap after two sleepness nights. Thank you my lovely Jen for providing today's RTBC (and not just today's...) A catalogue of new and interesting books, plus a journal and a book mark, all beautifully presented, from a little publishing house called Persephone Books. Here's who they are:

"Persephone Books reprints neglected classics by C20th (mostly women) writers. Each one in our collection of 90 books is intelligent, thought-provoking and beautifully written, and most are ideal presents or a good choice for reading groups."

I'm slightly ashamed to say I hadn't heard of them before but by one of those strange coincidences that I love in life I just received one of their books (Miss Pettigrew lives for a day, by Winifred Watson) in my last book order.

I've already got lost in the catalogue and found a million things I want to read. I think my first order will be this:

2 comments:

  1. Did you receive a book with the catalogue? I ordered Miss Buncle's Book for you.
    Let me know and I'll contact them if you haven't received it...
    It might be on its way... (hope so!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a parcel to collect at the post office - it must be that. How exciting :) Thank you so much lovely. I'd seen Miss Buncle's Book on Trish's list on her blog and already made a mental note, now I can tick it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.