Sunday, 28 November 2010

Greedy Bird Baking Enterprise #14 Auntie Jenny's Carrot Cake


Reasons for making carrot cake, even though the fella doesn't like it:

1. Despite the heavy bias towards chocolate cake in the enterprise thus far, my favourite is carrot cake.

2. I recently got a new recipe for carrot cake from Auntie Jenny, who I trust implicitly in all matters bakey.

3. The fella says he wants to lose weight. I am only thinking of his figure.

4. I have just spent a week sans fella, I am about to spend another week sans fella, I need comfort.

5. Carrots help you see in the dark. I'd like to be able to do that.

6. I have a cold, so in the interests of public health it would be unwise to share anything I have touched with anybody. The carrot cake is all mine.

MINE I TELL YOU.

(Just in case you were beginning to suspect that I had captured and am holding a pastry chef in the downstairs cupboard, the bottom of the cake was a bit burnt and the icing was in rather too much of a hurry to crawl its way off the top of the cake.)

2 comments:

  1. Carrot cake is my favorite cake: A bit burnt and runny icing, or not. Hence, you need to perfect the recipe by this summer!
    I love how you "stage" your photographs: cup of tea, book, cake. Magazine worthy.
    p.s. I hope your cold is on the mend and that M. & W. are not too affected by it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the icing set just fine. I'm always too impatient to get to the eating part. It'll be tough but, just for you, I will get in plenty of practice before the summer. After all, carrot cake is the basis of our friendship ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.