Sunday, 28 November 2010
Greedy Bird Baking Enterprise #14 Auntie Jenny's Carrot Cake
Reasons for making carrot cake, even though the fella doesn't like it:
1. Despite the heavy bias towards chocolate cake in the enterprise thus far, my favourite is carrot cake.
2. I recently got a new recipe for carrot cake from Auntie Jenny, who I trust implicitly in all matters bakey.
3. The fella says he wants to lose weight. I am only thinking of his figure.
4. I have just spent a week sans fella, I am about to spend another week sans fella, I need comfort.
5. Carrots help you see in the dark. I'd like to be able to do that.
6. I have a cold, so in the interests of public health it would be unwise to share anything I have touched with anybody. The carrot cake is all mine.
MINE I TELL YOU.
(Just in case you were beginning to suspect that I had captured and am holding a pastry chef in the downstairs cupboard, the bottom of the cake was a bit burnt and the icing was in rather too much of a hurry to crawl its way off the top of the cake.)