Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Flash back, look forwards



I have been having flashbacks to my life before the mini-beasts. This morning it was my friend Katie and I driving around the English countryside (I can't be sure if it was Kent or Oxfordshire), going nowhere in particular and chatting about anything and everything. Last night it was the fella and I heading into Hackney on a Sunday morning to get some breakfast. Visions of moments when I felt happy and free. Not that I don't feel happy and free right now... actually that's not true, I feel happy, most of the time, but not free. You are not free when you have small children. There are many pleasures to be had with the mini-beasts but a sense of freedom is not one of them. I have always thought there are seasons to life and like Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter you don't want any of them to last forever. In fact I've always enjoyed the season changes best of all and the promise of new things to come.


I hope my flashbacks continue, I'm enjoying them. Whilst I don't want to go back to the past, a quick flash every now and again never did anyone any harm.


Please excuse the indulgent photographic flashbacks, they are the result of a cheerful half hour trawling through old photos!

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more: freedom vanishes when you have children. But I do believe that it will come back...someday...in the near-future i hope...right?
    Au sujet de tes photos:
    #1: la vie à Paris?
    #2: Oxford? or...St-James Park?
    #3: who are those two? ;) (ah...LBC - life before children)
    #4: too much chocolate and wine?
    #5: are you in a barn? does fanf know that you are kissing another fella?
    Good moments.
    Embracing change!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the freedom will be back, that's what grandparents are for ;)
    #1 yes, on the balcony in our flat
    #2 actually the Buttes Chaumont in Paris, used to go walking there almost every day.
    #3 cute aren't they? :)
    #4 YES! It was a day after the night before, hanging out with littlest bro. Photographed by other not so little bro.
    #5 Yes, we are in a barn but that is Fanf!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2: I should have known it was Buttes Chaumont! That was the closest park when i was in Paris in July 2008 (doing my yoga training) and I often went there!
    #5: i knew it was Fanf ;)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Took me a while to work out where photo #4 was. Your flat in Paris after your moving in party.

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.