Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Self-Medication


Old Wrigglesworth is sucking me dry at the moment. He wakes at least twice a night and feeds a lot during the day. I have tried to make him wait a bit, so that I get a chance to refill, so that he can then fill up and therefore go longer between feeds. Nothing doing. It's a vicious cycle. I'm hoping that the increased feeding is temporary and due to the onset of the winter cold and/or a growth spurt. In the meantime, how to cope with the demand? I don't know if it is a medical fact, but it is certainly a Bex fact that the one thing guaranteed to increase milk production is chocolate. Strange? Well not really and it's true. And, as it turns out, chocolate is also very good for lethargy and depression. (Not so good for fitting into one's trousers and cavities but you can't have everything).

So, to all my breast-feeding lovelies out there, eat chocolate. Even if you're not running low. Because prevention is better than cure, right?

And to all my non-breast-feeding lovelies out there, eat chocolate. Even if you're not feeling lethargic or depressed. Because prevention is better than cure, right?

Dr. Bex has spoken.

[For serious cases apply the above, Cote d'Or Lait Amandes Caramélisées avec une pointe de sel.]

2 comments:

  1. You can justify just about anything if you try hard enough.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. will do ! thank you dr.bex

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.