Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Matilda meet Dorrie



A big big day in our little lives. I read my Dorrie books to the Monster. These were my favourites when I was a kid. I always wanted to be a witch. I still do. The Monster liked pointing out the cat and the fille on each page (Joo, you're right, I should write something about her acquisition of two languages, but I fear that might require more brain power than I currently possess). The illustrations in these books are beautiful and my rubbishy photos don't do them justice.


The surprise for me was how I suddenly found myself relating to the Big Witch, Dorrie's mum. At one point she snaps at Dorrie:

"Not another word! I have two headaches at once and I do not want to hear excuses. SIT DOWN!"

Of course it turns out that the Big Witch should have listened to Dorrie all along. A lesson for me there.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know Dorrie. Maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, have I told me how much I enjoy your blog? It adds sanity and a moment of pause/reflection/laughter/smile to my day. On weekdays, when all goes "as planned", I read it in the morning while Margot is napping.
    I don't know when/if I'll have my own blog. I admire your dedication and I'm in awe of your talent (it takes talent to daily write and to have 2 under-two). You are my inspiration when I think that you do twice as much as I do... Tu as du courage, ma chère amie!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Jen, what would I do without you? You know I write it always thinking of you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic. Loved these books myself. Your daughter better appreciate them, or she and I shall be having words.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.