Tuesday, 12 October 2010

I get by with a little help...


I was going to write another miserable post about how much I miss my friends and how lonely it can feel sometimes when they're all so far away. But I've written that already and anyway I thought there had been enough misery. And while nothing can replace sharing a cup of tea/piece of cake/glass of wine/big hug face to face, telephones are good. I have had several brilliant phone chats with friends* in the last couple of days which have reminded me what a brilliant bunch you are. I have the best group of friends in the entire world. Ever. Sometimes I find it hard to find the time to call/write, sometimes communication is punctuated/completely halted by screaming children but chatting to you always makes me feel better, happier and loved. I know that at this stage in my life, jetting around the place to see you all just ain't gonna 'appen but thanks to the wonders of modern technology I feel like we can stay close until the little ones can be shipped with me or shipped off somewhere else when I want to travel. Of course, any of you that feel like coming to Beziers, temporarily or permanently, you know there is always space in our homely little hovel.

*Brothers count as friends ;)

5 comments:

  1. As Ringo Starr Once sang 'I'll get by with little help from friends'.

    Afterall it is what we are here for.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realise I was quoting Ringo... Of course it should be "friends/siblings", but I suppose that might be a bit awkward to sing.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I was being a bit dense, and didn't spot it. Otherwise I would had looked for another friend based lyric in which to inspire you.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Bex. I miss you so much. I'm so sorry I have no skype/landline. We are so slowly getting our telecommunications sorted.

    Then we can set ourselves up with a basket of bread and have a virtual Moro pigout. Rad! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you too Bex!
    And you'll have visitors soon!!! It's in our summer plans to jet over to Beziers and hang out with you and Fanf (oh, and the kiddies too!)
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.