Saturday, 23 October 2010

Greedy Bird Baking Enterprise #11 Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Icing

This was a dry run for the Monster's birthday cake and, halelujah, RTBC to the power of 1000, it worked!!! I used Mary Berry's recipe for Chocolate Birthday Cake but with some white chocolate butter icing. I intend to colour the icing blue to make water and then add some water themed decorations, boats, fish, a duck or two perhaps. All things the Monster loves. I need to put on my thinking cap to work out how I might fashion said decorations from Haribo sweets. Now where did I leave that damn thing, last seen circa January 2008?


Most importantly of course, the Monster loved the cake.

1 comment:

  1. You've become quite the baker. Lucky Matilda (& Owen) to have such a fantastic mum!
    Congrats on a successful recipe!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Many thank yous if you're taking the time to leave a comment. You are most lovely in my sight.